Your MS Teams Users Can now Make Calls via Epygi PBX
Epygi is thrilled to announce that its users can now fully enjoy MS Teams calling capabilities. Epygi QX IP PBXs (both hardware appliances and virtual instances) can be configured with Microsoft Phone System Direct Routing to make calls between the QX IP PBX extensions and MS Teams users.
It is noteworthy that the QX IP PBX connects to MS Phone System directly, without any intermediate SBC (Session Border Controller). Moreover, MS Teams users may use the QX IP PBX not only for calling to the QX extensions but also for making calls to the PSTN using the QX Call Routing capabilities. The calls from the PSTN to MS Teams users via the QX IP PBX are also supported.
Send an email to [email protected] for more information.
Feature Enhancement: Call Park
With the upcoming software release Epygi’s Call Park feature has been enhanced with a new capability. Typically, in most offices when a receptionist parks a call they need to do a separate call to a paging group to notify the user of the parked call.
With the new enhancement as soon as the call is parked by the receptionist, the system will automatically do a page to the pre-defined paging group to announce that the call is parked and waiting to be answered. There is also a new option to park a call direct from the Auto Attendant after pressing a digit (e.g. 1 for Sales, 2 for Support, etc.).
To learn more about this feature, contact us.
Send School Emergency Notifications in No Time
It is common practice for schools to send emergency alerts or just important notifications to hundreds, sometimes thousands of people at once. The Epygi PBXs support this type of functionality.
There might be situations like a school closure due to bad weather conditions, a fire alarm going off or in a worst case an intruder breaking into the school. It would be to the school’s great advantage to be able to send mass notifications and inform as many people as possible.
The notifications can be sent via SMS, via email or both. Via the email notifications can be sent in the form of:
- email with attached voice message to the single address
- email with attached voice message to multiple addresses
- email that could be converted to text using the appropriate service of a provider
Notification voice messages can be recorded by school staff easily and instantly, just before sending email. The messages can be spread within the school, the staff members, to the groups of parents, thus alerting them of the situation in a quick and efficient way.
Epygi offers resources for all levels of expertise.
- For those who would like to know more about Epygi products, user scenarios and have the opportunity to ask questions real-time, we offer the free Sales and Technical Webinars. During these webinars we provide information for how to set up your QX IP PBX and utilize Epygi’s feature rich solutions. To view the upcoming webinars and register, please click here.
- For those with advanced knowledge and an interest in hands-on, in-person training we recommend our Three Day Technical Training led by our Director of Support. These sessions provide the opportunity for hands-on training with the QX line and attendees receive a QX50 and one free feature-rich IP phone to take with them. To learn more and register, please click here.